Friday, March 11, 2011

Why I'm Here

I have been a "Mom" blogger for quite awhile, but I felt held back in what I could and could not say because it was a mom blog. It had been set up to be a conduit to share family events with others, it wasn't a platform for my opinions, frustrations, or a real outlet for what was going on in life. I had thought about starting another blog for a couple months now; I was itching to speak about a number of things, but needed a push to jump into it. What has happened in this wonderful state of Wisconsin in the past weeks has given me that push. I have always been interested in politics and discussing issues with people who are open to actual discussion. Political Science is where I was heading with my BA degree before I dropped out, which was one of the worst career paths I have taken. It is really hard to go back and finish, I know people find ways and I am still trying so there is hope, and leave it at that before I go totally off topic. This past week the State Senate and then the Assembly under direction of the Governor busted my Union under the guise that it was to balance the budget. This is where my story begins, I am a public employee, I am a mother of school age children, I am a taxpayer, and I am outraged what is going on in Wisconsin. This is now my outlet about moving Forward as said in our state motto.

1 comment:

  1. I need an outlet blog. I feel the same way.. I always want to vent.

    ReplyDelete